The latest version of the Python language: 3.9
Python language-related web links:
Who is the Python language creator?
Guido van Rossum
The Difference between Python 2 and Python 3
Another Python Cheat Sheet on Github
Python Language Data Types
- Int ( It is a number)
- Float (It is also a number)
- Bool (You have the option to tell computer or get from computer logical YES of NO)
- Str (It is a text holder)
- List (This will hold a bunch of items, numbers or text strings depends on the situation)
It’s been on the top of my learning wish list items list for quite some time, and now I am on it. Being a software programmer for more than ten years in my IT career, I don’t think learning a new programming language will be hard. However, it will be a journey I wanted to experience like a new age programmer getting into the IT workforce and like a student who is willing to learn something new and get a job to settle down. Sounds funny, but I believe this journey will teach something I missed when I entered the Information Technology workforce 20 years back. It is a choice, but not by force, makes people do great things, and innovation comes from those who would like to do things differently with more efficiency. I hope this journey I decided to take will inspire others to check and learn from what I discover throughout the next several weeks and months in the future.
What is a programming language?
- Translator telling the computer to do things that a human would like the computer to do
- How — by writing a set of instructions that computer can understand i.e. machine language
- Two types — Interpreter and Compiler
- Interpreter — goes through line by line and send instructions to a computer to do the work
- Compiler — takes a full file and create a binary file and ask the computer to use and do the work
- In both situations, the computer is receiving instructions from humans through an intermediary layer
- These instructions given by humans are written in several languages. Some of these instructions are more human-readable and some of them are more machine-readable. There are advantages and disadvantages to all types of situations.
- But the biggest advantage is if humans are writing programs then they want to write it easily and it would be good if the programming language is more manageable and human-readable.
Interpreters / Compilers:
- For example, Java language has a Java compiler to create machine instructions (byte code) from Java programs written by programmers
- For example Python language there are multiple interpreters written in C, Java, and even in Python language
- The official language used for Python interpreter CPython is written in C language.
- The byte code generated in Python language is through Interpreter and then through CPython VM (CPython Virtual Machine) to generate byte code (machine instructions) to do what a program wants the computer to do.
Tools (What you need to know to write machine instructions) to write a Python program
- Now you are thinking like a Python programmer.
- Think OS (Operating system) that your machine is going to use. (Linux, Windows, Unix, Android, macOS, IOS, or there anything left ????)
- TOOL One: Online – Repl.IT (Write a python program in a browser and see the results instantly). Try it… It is free
- TOOL Two: Online – Glot.IO (Write and run Python program online) Again… it is free
Try a simple Python program… Just for fun
- Using an online Python tool:
- print(‘This is my first Python program’) — see the — This is my first Python program — as the program execution output
- What is the extension of a Python program code file — myfirstPython.py
- This is the source code file… That is exactly what we as humans wrote to say what we want a computer to do when it reads after the interpreter tells in machine language
- That is our first Python program
- Use Repl.it … you don’t have to signup just start using it
Are you looking for a new career in your IT professional journey?
Have you worked as a Documentum Professional for more than 10 years as a developer/architect and now in search of your next big thing?
If you would like to start small and show your innovative inner self to the world?
Look no further and take a leap of faith and jump into Salesforce and become a Salesforce professional.
There are unlimited possibilities in this profession and you design how you want to proceed.
In the world of paying hundreds and thousands of dollars to train resources on new technologies, Salesforce has set a new benchmark to literate freely on a highly reliable career starting platform in the form of Trailblazer learning community.
It is not a revolution but an evolution in how can you build your own career with the right guidance and constant feedback.
Choose the right technology…and a wise decision always important to end up in the right future…
Check out this page and section regularly if you are looking for more information on Salesforce technologies and starting a new journey in Salesforce.
Salesforce Insights and steps to get into Salesforce career.